Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Friday, August 19, 2005
Mini Pillows Project
First choose a design that you want to stitch. Anything small will work. Snowflakes, teddy bears, flowers, fruit, a snowman or kitty cats.
For each mini pillow, cut stitched piece 1" larger than the design on all sides. Use a piece of the same fabric as stitched piece for backing (cut fabric the same size as stitched piece.) With wrong sides facing, use desired floss color to cross stitch fabric pieces together 1/2" from sides and bottom edge. Stuff with polyester fiberfill. Cross stitch across top of pillow 1/2" from edge. Fringe fabric to cross-stitched lines. For hanging pillow, attach ribbon to top center back of mini pillow. For pillow on basket, attach mini pillow to side of basket with craft glue.
Simple isnt it? Make a few and give as gifts at Christmas or use them as package ties. Below is just two of the many ornaments I have made. For one I used the method above and the other I used holiday fabric as the backing and added some piping to the edges.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Rubber Stamps Now Available!!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Want to change things a bit?
1) Count the number of horizontal squares of the design. For example, let’s say there are 175 squares
2) Divide the number of squares by the fabric count you wish to use. The result it the horizontal size of the design in inches. Example: 175 squares ÷ 14 count fabric = 12.5 inches
3) Add at least 4 inches of fabric to the design size to allow for framing or finishing. This number is the horizontal size of your fabric. Example: 12.5 inches + 4 inches = 16.5 inches
4) Count the number of vertical squares of the design. Example: let’s say there are 259 squares
5) Divide the number of squares by the fabric count to find out the vertical size of the design. Example: 259 squares ÷ 14 count fabric = 18.5 inches
6) Add at least 4 inches to the fabric size for framing or finishing. Example: 18.5 inches + 4 inches = 22.5 inches
In the example above, the finished size of your design would be 12.5 x 18.5 inches. The size of the fabric you will need would be 16.5 x 22.5 inches. On certain fabrics you may want to adjust the number of strands you use for stitching. The typical number of strands used on 14 count fabric is two. By increasing or decreasing the number of strands, you can create the finished effect you desire. Also note that changing the fabric count of your design will affect the amount of thread you will need, so make sure you have enough.
Stitch any one of the 18 count fabric kits we have and then later work it up on 14 count fabric. Changing things can be fun!!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
- Hot Fudge Counted Cross Stitch Kit (House Mouse Collection)
- Sweet Dreams Counted Cross Stitch Kit (House Mouse Collection)
- Mother's Work Banner Counted Cross Stitch Kit (House Mouse Collection)
- Mysteries of the Deep Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Sunset Collection)
- Giraffe Mother & Baby Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Sunset Collection)
- Beary Sweet Memories Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Sunset Collection)
- White Lightning Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Dimensions Gold Collection)
- Floral Retreat Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Dimensions Gold Collection)
- Gift of Eagle Feather Counted Cross Stitch Kit (Dimensions Gold Collection)
- Oriental Spring Stamped Cross Stitch Kit (Dimensions Mini Collection)
Browse around and im sure you will find something that you will want to stitch up. Enjoy!!